Web scraping is the art of picking out data from a website by looking at the HTML code and identifying patterns that can be used to identify your data. This data can then be gathered and later used for your own analysis.
In this course we will go over the basic of web scraping and crawling, learning all about how we can extract data from websites, and all of this is guided along by a work example.
At the end of the course you should be able to go off on your own, and pick out most common websites, and be able to extract all the relevant data you may need just through using Python code.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in analyzing data
- Anyone who doesn’t know how to start gathering data
- Anyone who wants to develop their ability to scrap data
- Anyone interested in starting with web scraping
- Anyone who is interested in expanding their Python knowledge
- Anyone who wants to gather a wide array of data to play with
- Basic Python knowledge
- A Python 3 Environment to Code in
Last Updated 9/2021