In this game development course, you’ll learn how to use Unreal Engine’s Widget Blueprints to create a Character based UI (User Interface). This type of interface can be found in all genres of games! Games such as The Witcher, God of War, Final Fantasy, and Madden ALL have character UIs present in them. Knowing how to use widget blueprints is a critical skill for those aspiring to be a UX (User Experience) or UI (User Interface) designer on an Unreal Engine project!
This course contains 80 fun-to-follow video lessons. You’ll learn how to:
- Download, install, and setup a project using the Unreal Engine
- Create a character based User Interface layout
- Work with and understand many of the different “Widget” types available in widget blueprints
- Create Data Tables
- Extract data from a Data Table and Bind Data to Widget Variables in our User Interface
- Create Variables, Write Functions, and Create Scripts to make an interactive and editable User Interface
- Create a Save / Load System
- And more!
With the knowledge gained in these video lessons, you will have the necessary skills to start creating your OWN character user interface!
Who this course is for:
- Students looking to learn how to create menus with Unreal Engine
- Students looking to learn how to make interactive character user interfaces for their gaming projects
- Students interested in learning how to use all the various widgets inside of Unreal’s Widget Blueprints
- SUGGESTED: Basic computer knowledge
- SUGGESTED: Desktop PC with Windows 7 (or later) 64-bit – OR – a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
- SUGGESTED: 8 GB RAM
- SUGGESTED: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor
- SUGGESTED: DirectX 11 compatible video card
- SUGGESTED: Unreal Engine version 4.26 or later
Last Updated 11/2020