Using Unity 2020.2, we show you how to include three essential game mechanics, Shops, Special Abilities and Traits, in your games.
This highly acclaimed series was over 200% funded on Kickstarter, and is designed for intermediate users of Unity. We recommend you take at least the first half of our Complete Unity Developer 2D or 3D, or equivalent, as a prerequisite.
You can use the code we create in the course in any game or project you build. We’ll be using an RPG as an example. You don’t need to have completed the previous parts of the RPG Series (the RPG Core Combat, Inventory Systems and Dialogue & Quests courses) but it will give you an advantage if you already have.
The course is project-based as we believe this is the best way to learn Unity and C#. You will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to a real RPG as you go.
We’ll provide the RPG project created so far in the series so that you can practice integrating to an existing complex project. Every element of the project we touch will be fully explained and no knowledge of the project will be required.
In the course we will be building the following from scratch:
- Shop and Traits UI
- Integration between Traits and a modifier system
- Main menus
- Barter system giving discounts to player with high charisma
- Buying and selling
- Filtering shop items by type
- Flexible and composable special abilities
- Cooldown timers
- Mana and money
In the process of the course we will cover advanced topics such as: C# Delegates, Interfaces, Lambdas, Strategy and Composite Patterns.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced coders and avid gamers, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
The course is still in production with new videos dropping on a weekly basis, making now a great time to get involved and help shape its future.
Shops and Abilities are core to many game genres. So why not join us and get started improving your game development right now?
Who this course is for:
- This course is for intermediate Unity users who want to create their own Shop, Abilities or Traits systems.
- Students who want to complete the RPG series.
- You should be able comfortable writing intermediate C#.
- Some familiarity with Unity’s APIs is mandatory.
- You should know your way round Unity’s editor quite well.
- We recommend you take at least the first half of our Complete Unity Developer 2D or 3D, or equivalent, as a pre-requisite.
- Previous courses from the RPG series will be extremely helpful but not required.
Last Updated 6/2021