Negotiation Applied: Practical at Work Negotiating
Negotiate effectively at work – practical salary negotiation, buying, selling, procurement, pay rise, etc
Knowing how to negotiate effectively, and with confidence, is a skill that can make a huge difference to your career, your day-to-day work life and your personal wellbeing. Whether it’s negotiating the starting salary for a new job, getting that pay rise you know you deserve, agreeing on deals and contracts with suppliers and customers, or dealing with a difficult colleague – knowing how to negotiate properly is essential in every single area of work.
The negotiation skills you will develop during this course will allow you to head into intense discussions without stress or worry. You’ll become a master of the art of negotiation and learn practical insights that can be applied throughout your life (including outside of work!), whether that’s buying a new home or selling a car.
Of course, money is often the focus of many negotiations, and small wins can make a huge difference to your organization’s performance and how seriously you are taken in the workplace. Maybe you need to be stronger in contract negotiations, or tow a harder line in procurement? Perhaps you’re getting passed over for promotions, or you feel like new and exciting opportunities are passing you by. Poor negotiation is a weakness that can be taken advantage of, but this course you will turn your negotiation skills into a superpower.
By the time you finish this course, you will have developed fundamental skills that are essential to successful negotiation. You’ll know how to enter negotiations from a position of strength, and how to navigate your way to an effective result. First, we’ll cover the basics of negotiating, then we’ll apply these principles to real-life examples using a step by step process that you can use in any situation. These practical skills will spill over into all aspects of your life, allowing you to know your worth and how to leverage negotiations for a win-win outcome.
Chris Croft is an international speaker, and widely published author, who’s been teaching Negotiation to companies for over 20 years. He’s taught all over the world, as well as online, and has an entertaining and practical teaching style. This course is guaranteed to keep you engaged and amused, and teach you life-changing skills for home and work.
The course overview includes:
- Applying negotiation theory to 7 real-life work scenarios
- Planning your negotiation toolkit
- Setting your Walk Away Point
- How to make a suitable Opening Offer
- Tradeables – what they are and why they’re vital
- Getting a pay rise, or negotiating your hiring salary
- How to negotiate when either buying or selling at work
- Creating a non-confrontational conversation between a difficult colleague or boss
- Common techniques that will be used against you – and how to combat them
- How to rid yourself of excuses and worries around negotiating
- Simple negotiation phrases that will get you a brilliant price
- And lots, lots more!
Who this course is for:
- People wanting to improve their confidence in negotiating, or hone existing skills
- Those who work in procurement, buying or selling
- Someone who wants to get a pay rise, and negotiate effectively in job interviews
- People who have a difficult colleague or boss
- Anyone wanting to be richer in their personal and professional life
- People who would like to have more successful and interesting projects at work
- Both beginners and experts – this course has lots of little known techniques included
- There are no software or materials needed
- You’ll be equipped with confidence and skills during this course, so simply need a willingness to learn
- Have some examples in mind of areas you’d like to negotiate over
Last Updated 7/2020
Source : https://www.udemy.com/course/negotiation-practical/