Start developing modern software with Jakarta EE (formerly Java EE) today!
If you’re looking for a software development platform that will allow you develop modern, powerful, secure and portable applications, then Jakarta EE (formerly Java EE) is the answer. Jakarta EE is used by professional software developers from across the world in all forms of domains- from finance to healthcare to robotics. This course is the most practical way to jump right in and start developing with Jakarta EE.
Build any kind of software you can imagine with Jakarta EE. Practice while you learn. This course is completely hands on, and gives you all the source code for each step and lecture.
By the end of this course, you would have built a fully functional Todo app exposed as a web service running in a Docker container on Microsoft Azure!
We’ll be using Jakarta EE (Java EE) 8 throughout this course. All you need is an implementation of the APIs, and we will be using the FREELY available Payara Server as our app container.
What’s in it for you? Here’s my promise to you.
I’m a Jakarta EE developer based in Accra Ghana. Nothing in this world excites me like sharing my knowledge of high productivity with Java EE with students from across the world. I’ll be here for you every step of the way. Whenever you’ve a question, just ask in the course forums and I’ll be more than happy to respond. I mostly respond to questions in less than an 1 of asking.
What is this course all about?
In this comprehensive guide to software development with Jakarta EE (formerly Java EE), you’ll learn all there is to know about how to use this powerful, industry standard platform to develop any kind of software you imagine. You’ll learn about the
- Java Persistence API (JPA) for database access
- Java API for Restful Web Services for crafting modern web services
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) API for crafting powerful business components
- Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) API for crafting loosely coupled app
- Integration testing using the Arquillian framework
- Deployments using Docker container orchestration and so much more
Learn from someone who lives and breathes Java EE, is very passionate about helping you succeed with Jakarta EE and will be with you through it all.
By the end of this course, your confidence as a Java EE developer will soar. You’ll have a thorough understanding of developing software with Jakarta EE, for fun or career advancement.
Go ahead and click the enroll button and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wishes to develop database driven apps with the Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Anyone who wishes to develop modern RESTful web services with JAX-RS
- Anyone who wishes to learn Java EE deployment with Docker
- Java developers that are curious about enterprise software development with Java EE
- Anyone who wants to master Jakarta EE software development
- Anyone who wishes to advance their Java software development
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to develop modern software with the standards based Java EE
- Basic knowledge of Java Programming Lanuguage
- Java 8
- A Java IDE – NetBeans, IntelliJ or Eclipse
Last Updated 1/2019