This is Part 2 of my course dedicated to IT Service Desk. Learn more about Service Desk tools, virtualization, cloud software, web applications, and monitoring of IT resources.
This is not yet another course showing you how to configure Windows 10 or Outlook. This course is designed to simulate a real Service Desk environment and show you WHAT you can expect in your first days. Yes – you read that right – I will simulate your first days!
This course is designed to help you understand some basic procedures, tools, applications, and duties as an IT Service Desk Analyst. This is part 2 of my course dedicated to IT Service Desk
You have to have some basic IT skills and knowledge if you want to join my course. This course is designed for people who want to get a job in IT, not for people who want to learn what an HDMI port is. I expect and assume you have some basic IT skills and have a good understanding of things I have covered in Part 1 (e.g. SLA, DHCP, Bitlocker).
Here is what you can expect in this course:
- Real service desk tools: Zoho Service Desk
- Overview of virtualization (Hyper-V and Virtual Box)
- Web application – learn how to host your own website!
- Monitoring (PRTG, Nagios)
- Eneterprise Password Managers (Thycotic, PPS)
- Security concepts (DNS filtering, cloud backups, overview of certificates)
- TrueNAS as a virtual machine
- IT Procedures (KPIs, goals, SMART, advancing your career)
- A lot of tips and tricks
- …and more…
I show you all the essentials to kick off your career. I simulate your first days as an IT Help Desk Specialist.
Do not expect step-by-step instructions here – no way! This course includes high-level overview sections only for hardware, software, and procedures. Thanks to this course, you can take it from there.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in IT
- Anyone looking for a first job in IT
- Basic IT skills and basic understanding of IT terms (BitLocker, DHCP, ipconfig)
- Basic understanding of Service Desk tools and terms (SLA, tickets)
Last Updated 2/2021