Do you want to learn how to mix Augmented Reality with Internet of Things (IoTAR) in Unity SDK? Do you want to create the leading edge of technology and experience the future of holograms? Or want to take your Arduino Projects into Augmented Reality?
This is the only course of its kind that will teach you all the fundamentals of the Augmented Reality and Internet of Things in the shortest time so that you can get started developing your own IoTAR Apps.
I am an AR Developer with a Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering. I have over 46’000 students on Udemy and over 62’000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel Augmented Startups.
This course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of Internet of Things and Augmented Reality using the Vuforia assets in Unity through practical and easy to understand labs. This class covers these capabilities, including getting started, Interfacing the Arduino Based- Particle Photon IoT Microcontroller with the magic of Augmented Reality.
We have designed this course so that you are able to interface any sensor to your IoT device and we show you what we think is the best way to visualize that data so that it makes sense when augmented into the real world.
You will learn all the fundamentals through practice as you follow along with the training. Together we will build a strong foundation in IoT-AR in Unity SDK with this training for anyone. This course will enable you to:
- Get started with the Particle Photon Development Kit.
- Get started in Unity and how to download the Vuforia SDK.
- Create a simple AR dashboard that interfaces to your Particle Photon.
- Once you have mastered the basics we go ahead and interface to sensors via IoT and bring them into AR.
- See the water level of a plant in AR, almost like having x-ray vision.
- Dim the intensity of virtual fire with a Photo cell.
- Measure distance in 3-Dimensions with Multi-target detection (Really Cool!) .
- See through a person’s body and see their heart beating in real time Augmented Reality (Really Cool!).
- Gauge force and gas on a AR meter as well gas emissions.
- See the weather in Augmented Reality of almost any city in AR using JSON.
- [Vuforia 7] and Unity 2017.3
- [Vuforia 7] Ground Plane
- [NEW] Vuforia 8 and Unity 2020.1
- [NEW] Vuforia 8 Video Playback
- [NEW] Vuforia 8 VI-SLAM Fundamentals
- [BONUS] Vuforia 8 Export to Android Device
- [HUGE BONUS] Build your own AI Smart Glasses Project E.D.I.T.H. (Spiderman Far From Home)
Applications of Internet of Things and Augmented Reality IoTAR:
- AR business Cards
- AR Gaming
- Industrial and Domestic Maintenance
- Advertising and Promotional Content
You won’t find a course like this anywhere on Udemy. Not only will you save on money but you will save on Time. You will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course. We also offer a full Udemy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee if you are not happy with this course, so you can learn with no risk to you.
See you inside this course
*NB – Ensure you have all the required training material and tools before you start this course. See the Bill of Materials Lecture (free preview) for details. You are required to purchase beforehand Hardware (Particle Photon Microcontroller), Sensors and Unity Assets. This is to ensure a smooth learning experience for you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who want to learn Augmented Reality
- This course is NOT for people who are not willing to practice along. You won’t learn by watching but rather by implementing the labs that I provide in this course.
- Beginners in Augmented Reality or Mixed Reality
- This course is implemented in Unity on Windows. Android or iOS deployment is not part of the scope of this course. However you can easily find tutorials on how to export your AR app to mobile Operating Systems
- Enthusiasm for Augmented Reality
- PC/ Laptop that meets Unity SDK minimum requirements
- Important! – Unity 5.4.3 and Vuforia SDK (I show you how to install both for free)
- A Webcam (Can use an Android Phone as a webcam) – Logitech webcams work best
- Printer or Phone/Tablet to print out or display the AR marker
- Very Basic Unity Experience
- Important! – Particle Photon (Approximately $19)
- Important! – Sensors as prescribed in the Bill of Materials Lecture (Approximately $55)
- Important! – Unity Assets as prescribed in the Bill of Materials Lecture (Approximately $65)
- Basics of Vuforia from my Create Augmented Reality Apps using Vuforia in Unity Course if you are a Total beginner
Last Updated 3/2020