The purpose of this class is to provide you with a framework for delivering meaningful illustrations to your clients that effectively communicate their vision. We’ll be working through one of my most common jobs, creating a hand-drawn vectorized graphic. Often these graphics are used to create a logo or t-shirt design. I’ll show you my process from when I first meet with a client to hear their vision all the way through to presenting them with a finished vectorized graphic. You’ll see my entire workflow:
– Understanding vision in order to express it.
– Sketching drafts and finding the “aha” moment.
– Inking your illustration.
– Importing into Procreate.
– Digitally inking and vectorizing your illustration.
– Draft presentation, mockups in Photoshop, and revisions.
– Finalizing your graphic.
– Sharing how your work expresses the vision.
From the vision example presented in the class you’ll be creating your own unique hand-drawn vectorized graphic. * A basic understanding of Procreate and Adobe Illustrator is required.
[ ] Tasks:
- Develop sketched drafts that express the core values of the vision presented.
- Ink the illustration that you feel best expresses the vision..
- Convert your illustration into a vectorized graphic and present it as a logo or print graphic.
[ ] Tools:
- Mixed media paper.
- Pencil and eraser.
- Art pens. Ideally, technical pens and brush pens.
- iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.
- Scanner. (optional)
- Adobe Illustrator.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Google Drive.