This course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge needed to accompany the full First Aid at Work Course. This course is an excellent First Aid Training package for those with English as a Second Language to prepare themselves to pass a practical first aid course.
The content also serves as an ideal annual refresher for the FAW courses covering the full HSE syllabus plus head injuries, heart attack, asthma and much more to ensure you remain HSE complaint. You will be able to download a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
This course covers all the criteria for First Aid at Work Qualification, however a practical classroom course is required in order to comply with the UK HSE requirements to be a First Aider.
The course consists of illustrated step by step directions, flow charts, diagrams, videos and a short test yourself section fully compatible with all computers and mobile devices. You will be able to stop and start as often as you like and on completion you will be able to print your Certificate.
This course covers the full HSE Syllabus that follows UK First Aid Guidelines and includes:
Course content includes:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the First Aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- First aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- First Aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing (use of AED)
- Treatment for a casualty suffering from a seizure
- First Aid for a choking casualty
- First Aid treatment for external bleeding, including treatment of shock
- First Aid treatment of burns
- First Aid to a casualty with bites, stings and minor injuries
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey for a conscious casualty
- Treatment of injuries to the bones, muscles and joints.
- First Aid treatment for suspected head and spinal injuries
- Treatment for chest injuries
- First Aid treatment for a casualty with an eye injury
- First Aid treatment to a casualty who has been poisoned or suffered anaphylaxis
- Knowledge of how to provide first aid to a casualty who is suspected of a major illness such as Heart Attack, Stroke, Asthma, Diabetes or Epilepsy
After completing the course you can download your free certificate of completion.
EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training provides this course for guidance and it is not in any way a substitute for medical advice. EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made, or actions taken based on this course. We strongly recommend that you attend a practical First Aid course to understand what to do in a medical emergency.
Please be aware that the information is correct at the time of filming March 2020 and relates only to UK Resuscitation and First Aid guidelines. If you are outside the UK please refer to your countries guidelines and governing board.
Who this course is for:
- Any person in a work place that wants to learn first aid.
- Basic understanding of English
Last Updated 2/2021