How to use SQL Server Data Tools for database design, refactoring, source control, CI/CD, and more. If you have only ever built a database using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), you are in for a treat. SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) is designed for building databases. It has tools built-in for wildcard completion, refactoring, Intellisense, and more. In this course, we will cover the following topics:
- Creating a new database in SSDT
- Modifying an existing database with SSDT
- Adding a database to source control (using git)
- Refactoring a database
- Enacting an automated CI/CD pipeline for our database
- And more…
- Along the way, you will become a better SQL developer and have a better grasp on how to manage and deploy a SQL database efficiently and effectively.
If that sounds like something you could benefit from, or if you are still not sure, check out the course introduction videos, which are free to view.