The goal of this course is to make you a master of the Python programming language. It is packed with hands-on projects, examples, and coding exercises and focuses on a learn by doing approach to building programming skills and experience.
What are some of the cool projects you will build in this course?
- A speech recognition program that converts audio into text
- A program that allows you to automate working with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- A mobile app that allows the user to paint images on their phone and save and export the images
- 3 full 2D video games – Galaga, Batman, and Super Mario
- A car racing game using the PyGame Game Engine
- Hacking programs that allow you to hack websites, crack codes and break ciphers
- A network communication program using sockets where you can run code for a server and send it data from a client
- An AI Program with Selenium Web Driver that opens the browser, finds a game, and plays it by itself all through automated code (bot that plays an online game)
- A program that automates virtual keystrokes and mouse clicks to interface with other programs on your computer (robotic process automation)
- …and much more!
Why should you learn Python?
- Python is an in-demand skill, and one of the most popular programming languages in the world
- It is incredibly powerful and versatile, and is used to build Speech Recognition programs, machine learning apps, data science programs, mobile apps, and video games.
- This course will teach you not only Python, but the key computer science concepts like Data Structures and Algorithms, Searching and Sorting, and Gang of Four Design Patterns. This course will help you ace interviews and get a job.
What topics are taught in this course?
- Computer Science Basics
- Setup and Install PyCharm on your Computer
- Getting Started with Python
- Types, Data Structures, and Collections
- Working with Strings
- Python Math Module
- Working with Date and Time Data in Python
- Control Flow Statements and Loops
- File I/O
- Regular Expressions (REGEX)
- Parsing XML using Python
- Parsing JSON using Python
- Character Encodings
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Linked Lists
- Debugging and Testing
- PEP (Python Enhancement Proposal) Standards
- Documenting your Code
- Refactoring Python Code
- Reflection and Introspection
- Bitwise Operations in Python
- Python Task Automation
- Socket Programming and Multithreading
- Asynchronous Programming using Asyncio
- Shell Scripting using Python
- Cybersecurity Programming and Ethical Hacking using Python
- Python Version 2 – Legacy Systems Maintenance
- Selenium Web Driver
- Mobile App Development
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Speech Recognition
- IronPython (Python + C# = IronPython)
- Jython (Python + Java = Jython)
- Python GUI with TKinter
- Turtle Graphics Module
- 2D Game Development – Galaga Video Game
- 2D Game Development – Batman Action Video Game
- 2D Game Development – Super Mario Video Game
- PyGame Game Engine
- 3D Game Development – Panda3D Game Engine
- Technical Art (Blender)
- 23 Gang of Four Design Patterns
- Searching and Sorting
- Python Programming Quizzes
Who is your instructor?
My name is Rob Gioia and I current work as a Mobile Software Engineer in New York City. Python is the first programming language that I learned and I taught Python at the college level as a teacher’s assistant for 2 years.
I’ve created some popular Python courses aimed at teaching beginners to program in Python, this course is a step up to dig deeper into the language and teach you the skills you need to land a job in the industry.
My background has been gaming focused, but I want to emphasize that this is NOT A GAME DEVELOPMENT COURSE! Python can be used in so many other capacities, and this course is meant to make you a master of Python, and then teach you how to build all kinds of projects using this powerful programming language.
What if you have questions?
Any questions you have can be posted to the Q&A forum or messaged to me on Udemy. I check my Udemy account every day to see if students have questions, and do my best to be as responsive and helpful as possible.
If you get stuck at any point during this course, send me a message and I will get you unstuck!
There is no risk in taking this course!
This course comes with a full 30 day money-back guarantee. You either end up with Python skills, go on to develop great programs and potentially make an awesome career for yourself, or you try the course and simply get all your money back if you don’t like it…
You literally can’t lose.
Are you ready to master the Python programming language and build an awesome set of software engineering skills? Then enroll now using the “Add to Cart” button on the right!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that wants to master the Python programming language, one of the most popular programming languages in the world
- This course is perfect for absolute beginners with no previous coding experience, to intermediates looking to sharpen their skills to the expert level
- Those looking to build creative and advanced Python apps for either personal use or for high-paying clients as a self-employed contractor
- A computer with Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Eagerness and willingness to learn Python programming and build some awesome projects
- Note: All software and programs for this course are FREE and I walk you through installing them step-by-step
Last Updated 2/2021