Have you ever thought about what goes on behind the scenes when you
- Buy a product
- Check the weather
- or use a messenger service?
None of these would be possible without APIs – Application Programming Interfaces.
In this course, we’ll build an API with Node and Express that is perfect for an eCommerce application like a store.
You’ll learn tons of useful skills, valuable to any freelancer, front end developer, back end developer or full stack developer:
- Set up Node and Express
- Install and configure MongoDB
- Examine MongoDB records
- Update MongoDB records with Node
- Create a REST API with Node and Express
- Search for records in a MongoDB database
- Find and modify specific entries in a MongoDB database
- Decode and intepret POST requests
- Make POST requests using Node
- Document a REST API
There really is a huge amount of value packed into this course! It is amazing the sheer volume of practical skills we are able to cover in such a short time.
Why are you waiting to expand your skills into a world of data, commerce and communication? Sign up for this course today!
“Thou has no speculation in those eyes which thou dost glare with.” – MacBeth
In rough order, we will cover the following:
- Understand what a REST API is
- Review the finished product
- Understand the key tools we’ll be using (Express, Babel, etc.)
- Understand fundamental REST terms (GET, POST, etc.)
- Build the application
- Scaffold Node environment
- Configure Express
- Create GET routes
- Create POST routes
Who this course is for:
- Front-end developers wanting to learn the back-end of commerce
- API developers from other languages who want to learn Node
- Freelance developers wanting to expand their skillset with useful and valuable API knowledge
- Basic Node
Last Updated 2/2021