Interested in building impressive full-stack apps with React, Redux and Firebase? This is the course for you!
Here’s what we will cover:
- Creating a complete Slack chat application with React, Redux, and Firebase 5 from scratch
- Sending and receiving messages instantly with the real-time Firebase Database
- Uploading and displaying image messages using Firebase Storage
- Notifications to display new messages in other channels
- Sending Direct Messages to other users in our chat
- Tracking / showing when users are online / offline
- Searching messages within created channels
- Custom animations to see when other users are typing in the same channel
- Creating, cropping and uploading user avatars
- The ability to favorite / unfavorite public channels
- Add emojis to our messages with an Emoji Picker component
- User authentication with Firebase
- Form validation for our Login and Register forms
- State management with Redux, with simple, straightforward patterns
- Creating stunning user interfaces with Semantic UI React
- Essential features of React Router 4 (Switch component, withRouter HOC, history object)
- Tons of work with ES6 / 7
- Helpful browser tools such as React / Redux Dev Tools
- Securing our application with Firebase Rules
- Deploying our chat app to the web using Firebase Tools
- Keyboard shortcuts to rapidly send messages
- And more!
What will be building in this course?
Throughout this course, we’ll be building a live chat app for developers called DevChat, where users will be able to create channels, to send messages to other users on those channels, send media files, see when other users are typing, add emojis to their messages, favorite and unfavorite channels they like or dislike, and get notifications about new messages on other channels.
Who this course is for:
- React developers interested in making functional, real-world apps
- Some experience with React (i.e. having built a couple of projects with React Create App)
- Prior knowledge of ES6 features will help (spread operators, destructuring, object shorthand syntax)
Last Updated 12/2019
Source : https://www.udemy.com/course/build-a-slack-chat-app-with-react-redux-and-firebase/