The Malware Analysis: Redux course equips participants to handle complex malware analysis tasks by reacquainting them with key analysis topics and exercises.
Attendees should have a knowledge of malware analysis core concepts, a working malware analysis lab and a skill set in x86, x64 architecture and Windows APIs. A software development background is also recommended.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Triage malicious software
- Understand the static and dynamic analysis process
- Decipher file formats
- Extract malware artifacts
- Understand malware’s functionality
- Learn about obfuscation techniques
- Debug malware
- Understand x86 and x64 Architecture
- Understand assembly language
- Learn about control structures
- Disassemble malware
- Unpack Malware
- Learn how to hunt for malware in memory