**Includes downloadable follow-along files**
In this two-course bundle, we take you through how to perform a number of tasks in Excel by utilizing advanced functions and formulas, before moving onto how to use Macros and VBA to automate and supercharge your spreadsheets!
If you’ve used Excel a lot, but you know that you could be doing more with it, then this two-part course is for you. You’ll learn skills that will help you clean data, perform analysis, set up spreadsheets to collect data, and create amazing looking charts that auto-update.
This course includes follow-along instructor files so you can immediately practice what you learn. This class is not for Excel beginners. You will need an intermediate knowledge of Excel to get the most from these videos.
In the Advanced Functions and Formulas part of the course you will learn how to:
- Filter a dataset using a formula
- Sort a dataset using formulas and defined variables
- Create multi-dependent dynamic drop-down lists
- Perform a 2-way lookup
- Make decisions with complex logical calculations
- Extract parts of a text string
- Create a dynamic chart title
- Find the last occurrence of a value in a list
- Look up information with XLOOKUP
- Find the closest match to a value
In the Macros and VBA part of the course you will learn:
- Examples of Excel Macros
- What is VBA?
- How to record your first macro
- How to record a macro using relative references
- How to record a complex, multi-step macro and assign it to a button
- How to set up the VBA Editor
- How to edit Macros in the VBA Editor
- How to get started with some basic VBA code
- How to fix issues with macros using debugging tools
- How to write your own macro from scratch
- How to create a custom Macro ribbon and add all the Macros you’ve created
- 4+ hours of video tutorials
- 27 individual video lectures
- Instructor files to practice as you learn
- Certificate of completion
Who this course is for:
- Those wanting to automate Excel task or procedures.
- Users with basic knowledge of Excel 2019/365 and those upgrading from previous software versions
- Users who have a foundation of Microsoft Excel and seeking to advance their Excel 2019/365 knowledge.
- Microsoft Excel for Windows. The course was created using Excel 2019/365 for Windows. All of the code used in this course except for one property is compatible for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 and Excel 2019.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Last Updated 2/2021