BACnet stands for “Building Automation and Control Network“.
With the issue of energy conservation on the rapid rise around the world, thousands of buildings have monitoring systems in place to measure and maximize energy efficiency. This is done by the effective centralized monitoring and control of systems like Lighting, Security, Air-Conditioning, Heating, and so much more.
The BACnet protocol is used heavily to interconnect that type of equipment in buildings so that energy efficiency goals can be achieved. Thousands of buildings in the US, Europe and around the world use BACnet.
You should get to know this protocol as it will allow you to expand your expertise and opportunities in the field of Building Automation.
There is quite a bit of info on BACnet available on the Internet, but not much showing BACnet communications in a very practical way. And that’s what I am going to do in the course.
At the end of my course, you are not only going to understand the BACnet theory but I am going to show you how to use BACnet hardware and software in my usual practical approach.
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Process Automation Engineers
- Programmers working in the Process Automation field
- Working knowledge of the process control devices in a typical Process Automation or SCADA system
- Basic working knowledge of the Modbus RTU protocol.
- Basic understanding of binary systems and computer memory
Last Updated 8/2020