This course takes you from a beginner level to being able to understand NLP concepts, linguistic theory, and then practice these basic theories using Python – with very simple examples as you code along with me.
If you are new to Python or any computer programming, the course instructions make it easy for you to code together with me. I explain code line by line.
The gentle pace takes you gradually from these basics of NLP foundation to being able to understand Mathematical & Linguistic (English-Language based, Non-Mathematical) theories of Deep Learning.
Natural Language Processing Foundation
Linguistics & Semantics – study the background theory on natural language to better understand the Computer Science applications
Pre-processing Data (cleaning)
Regex, Tokenization, Stemming, Lemmatization
The topics outlined below are taught using practical Python projects!
Text Classification & Sentiment Analysis
Unsupervised Sentiment Analysis
Word Embedding with Deep Learning Models
LSTM using TensorFlow, Keras Sequence Model
Convert Speech to Text
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is curious about data science & NLP
- Those who are in the Business & Marketing world – learn use NLP to gain insight into customers & products. Can help at interviews & job promotions.
- If you intend to enrol in an NLP/Data Science course but are a total newbie, complete this course before to avoid being lost in class since it can seem overwhelming if classmates already have a foundation in Python or Datascience.
- No previous programming knowledge necessary. The lectures slowly explain the python syntax as you code alone with me.
- New to Python: you get explanations of the code as you code along with me but not only that – theory slides explain concepts to help you understand what’s going on behind the code.
- No data science knowledge required: lectures teach how to work with data and key modelling concepts.
- No NLP knowledge required. Linguistic concepts are taught to give a strong foundation of NLP even before you get into practical coding. This helps you to grasp NLP modelling techniques and cleaning concepts better.